Waterfalls of Brecon Beacon
I've organised to go on a few tours during the trip - some 1 day tours, and a few 3 day tours. This allows me to see places that I couldn't get to by public transport, or allows me to see a number of places in one day.
I hesitated booking this one because it was expensive, but I'm so glad I did it!
Dave works for The Kings Trust taking kids out on challenges and has recently starting doing these waterfall walks on the weekends.
I was the only customer, so he was able to tailor the experience to my abilities, and we ended up doing one of the longer options.
The 4 waterfall section has become very popular on Tictok and Instagram, so it can get very busy. It is also a popular Hens and Stags event, jumping of the edges into the pools and canyoning down the river.
That said, I was generally able to take photos of each of the falls without lots of other people.
Here's the map
So here's a collection of waterfall pictures
This one you can walk behind
The water level was low, but enough to enjoy. I actually preferred it because when it is in full flood you can get near them.
The paths are well made, but uneven. Dave was impressed with my ability to manage them but I explained that I walk similar tracks all the time.
The trees were mainly oak and ash, with ferns and moss below and lots of oak seedlings! And we think we have a lot in the main street.
There were lots of bluebells as well
Having done the main four loop, Dave drove me down to a trail on another river which I walked down while he drove the car to the bottom then ran back up to meet me. Apparently it is his favourite run, so he was happy to do it.
More waterfalls:
The areas of rock exposed by the lower water level are unusually white
and each flood brings down lots of logs
And for those interested in the Geology of the area
There are still lots of mines around, and there is also a huge cave structure: a popular place to take school children and for Dave to do challenges with the Trust groups
It can be very dangerous when the river is running high, but safe when we visited.
View from inside
Woooow i love this!!
ReplyDelete