Inverness 2

Inverness is a great place for doing a range of day tours. I chose to do 3 while I was here for 5 days: west, north and east.

Above Inverness is the now famous North Coast 500




My first trip was across the west and partly up the west coast to Applecross
 - just over the strait from Skye.
It is very mountainous, and I was very happy that I was not driving.
There were plenty of stops for photo opportunities:





Shinty is like hockey but with some different rules
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinty

The climb up and over




At our lunch stop we had time for a short walk through some woods 


and I managed to find a Highland cow or 'wee coo' as they call them.

(Yes, I know we have them not far from Marysville!)


and 


and for those who know my hatred of deer, yes, I know ... but this is Scotland not home

These ones were sun baking on the beach!


Then we headed over another mountain pass

At this rock hangover they found some iron age tools and middens



A view looking back


This range is a very popular walking spot, with a number of 'Munros'

A mountain is any natural elevation of the earth's surface rising to a significant height. A Munro is a specific type of Scottish mountain that is over 3,000 feet (914.4 meters) tall and is classified as a distinct, separate peak rather than just a subsidiary top.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And so it begins ...

Exploring the Cotswolds Day 2

Warwick Castle